I finished this project almost 3 years ago now but this was probably the first legitimate woodworking project I did. I purchased an electric firebox insert for next to nothing as I wasn’t really a fan of the store bought fireplaces and I just built my first router table (incredibly rudimentary compared to my new one) so I wanted to test out the bits and see the profiles I could come up with. Other than the crown moulding, all the details I did by myself. I think the fluting on either side turned out really well and really defined the fireplace.

This was a great first project although nowadays I could point out about 50 things wrong with it. In the new year I’ll probably be building another one for my upstairs living room and I’ve learned a lot since I built this one so i’m sure it’ll go over a bit better the next time.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s